Astro Boy: Omega Factor is a video game for the Game Boy Advance handheld video game console, developed by Treasure and Hitmaker. It stars Astro in a plot lifted from several Astro Boy iterations. The action takes place as a horizontally scrolling shooter, with Astro Boy facing an onslaught of robotic enemies using the various weaponry at his disposal.
Dr. O'Shay is then shown introducing himself to Astro Boy. He teaches him his controls and the Omega Factor, a part of him tells him of other souls, boosting his powers. Suddenly, the doctor's assistant, Wato, is kidnapped by robots. Astro chases them through Metro City, when he finally catches up to Wato, she reveals that the cause of the out-of-control robots was the Magnemite. After Astro Boy defeats it, Atlas revealed himself as well as being the cause of the Magnemite fighting him.
Soon afterwards, Tawashi and Zoran are introduced, the former tells Astro of aircrafts burning over the Pacific Ocean. Astro finds the Artificial Sun, defeats it, and follows it to Cruciform Island. Upon landing, he meets Pook who claims to know Astro. He also meets the Amazing Three, Big X, and Wally whom he helps open a door. Fighting his way through V3 robots, Astro finds Kinsankaku and Skunk who have been using Pook to steal money. Pook is forced to fight Astro with the deal of being freed, Wally and the other heroes get the entire island surrounded to arrest the Kinsankaku. Then someone took over Mr. Tokugawa's base and is holding his son, Daichi, hostage. Astro is sent to moon, but when he finds Daichi, he reveals that he is Atlas, Daichi's replacement who had died. Their battle is interrupted when Atlas gets a headache due to the sudden appearance of a woman in a capsule.
Astro gets invited to visit the newly elected president of Antarctica. Rag. He meets him, the international councilor, Duke Red, and his daughter, Nuka. Astro saves her from an attack of the Black Looks and takes a liking to her. Then Astro follows the leader, only to find out that it was a fake so that he'd be far away allowing the Carabs to be sent to the palace to destroy. Fortunately, Astro makes it back and destroys the Carabs just in time. The inauguration ceremony gets interrupted by the real Black Looks leader, Lord Deadcross, who believes humans are superior to robots. He sends Black Looks against Astro and tries to escape on the Marine Express. Astro catches up to him, he reveals himself to be Rock, the original human that Rag was created in the image of. Rag was used as a promoter, but he soon turned on and ran against Rock.
Suddenly, the Marine Express is hit with magic, it gets transported thirty thousand years into past to continent of Mu. Its ruler, Sharaku, tries to make them their slaves, but they are saved by Pook who takes them to Princess Sapphire. Astro defeats Sharaku, but he is unfazed due to a potion. Three months later, they found a way to travel back to the future. Rock stays behind hoping to prevent Mu from sinking. Unfortunately, when they get back, they find that humans and robots have been at war for five years. One robot named Shadow has Zoran and the world's strongest robots, North, Denkou, Brontus, Epsilon, and Pluto as forces in Antarctica. Astro refuses to join his cause and defeats the strongest robots. Shadow reveals that he is Sharaku having traveled through time using the potion to rule the world. He also reveals the Death Mask, a “goddess” that will exterminate all robots using Omotanium, Astro is killed.
However, he is saved by the Phoenix, who gives him the power of time travel so he can make things better. Astro witnesses two children watching a rocket before one of them will stay in a hospital, their names are Prime Rose and Daichi. During another tutorial, O'Shay reveals to Astro that he was based on Dr. Tenma's son who died. Aside from Astro's interference, there are other changes in the timeline. For example, a man named Drake who wishes to destroy all robots won against Duke Red for the new international councilor. After what happened at Cruciform Island, Astro is visited by Nuka who wished to see him before she “left”, she knew about the Phoenix.
Rock is also elected president; robots attack him as revenge for Rag's assassination. Their leader is the Blue Knight who wishes to build Robotonia, he is the one who sends Carabs to the palace this time. During Rock's inauguration speech, Wally presents Deadcross' mask as evidence against Rag's assassination. Rock is forced to escape on the Marine Express and is again traveled to Mu with Astro and Wally. During his time in Mu, Astro frees Unico who allows him to connect with Dr. Tenma at their old house. He also learns from Don Dracula that Sharaku's potion allowed his soul to be placed in a coffin at Fire Vase Island, that's where Wato and Boon are excavating in the future. Astro tries to warn Boon but Sharaku jumps out of the ruins and ran away. Shadow is replaced by the Blue Knight, Astro is saves Tawashi, Skunk, Kinsankaku and Mr. Tokugawa while fighting the strongest robots. Kinsankaku reveals that a voice in his head told him to dig under Cruciform Island where he found Pook. Mr. Tokugawa reveals that he created Death Mask under Duke Red's orders. Blue Knight is surprised when he finds that Astro only disabled Pluto and the other robots, Zoran is left with Pluto while Astro time travels again.
Astro finds Duke Red in a building hidden in the icebergs, he reveals that Death Mask was created out of fear that robots would turn on humans and exterminate them first. He also reveals that Nuka was made into Death Mask! At that moment, Blue Knight appears and challenges Astro to a duel where the latter is victorious. Blue Knight is revealed to be Rag who was repaired by Tenma, he informs Astro that Alejo may know something about Drake. Alejo reveals that his daughter was apparently killed by a robot, upon questioning Drake, he confirmed it and that it happened in the hospital, he even had a video as proof. Her name was Prime Rose, she had a disease that could only be cured by Dr. Black Jack, but no one knows where he is. Prime Rose was the same girl in the capsule on the moon with Atlas, he mentions Kennedy, an old friend of his who found Black Jack. When Astro came to his house, Ham Egg refused to let him see the doctor, he's had Skunk kidnap his “daughter”, Pinoko. Astro manages to rescue her with the help of Rainbow Parakeet, Ham Egg reveals he's been bribed to prevent Black Jack from working. Astro realizes that Sharaku masterminded the whole game, he gave Kennedy amnesia, but it wore off after what happened on Fire Vase Island. Black Jack is taken to the moon to successfully operate, Prime Rose stops Drake from killing Duke Red. Mr. Tokugawa reveals that Daichi took Prime Rose to the moon to fulfill her wish but died after being exposed to the Omotanium there. Dr. Tenma gives Atlas a part of him.
Astro has a talk with Nuka inadvertently revealing Death Mask's location to Sharaku. He sends immortal versions of the Magnemite, Artificial Sun and Carabs to fight Astro but Pluto, Atlas and Blue Knight hold them off. After another fight with Sharaku, he reveals that Omotanium is a living substance of Mu's treasure. He has Pook, or rather Pick, transform into Garon whom Astro defeats. But the Omotanium falls into the sun, Astro throws himself and a part of Nuka into it to prevent a huge explosion. The Phoenix revives both of them and allows them to go home, Tenma hopes Astro will become stronger.
Sharaku hides on Fire Vase Island with Pook hoping to bring Garon back. However, Wato arrives and covers his third eye with a bandage sealing his psy powers.
Differences from Other Sources
- Atlas was the cause of the Magnemite going out-of-control. In Power Up!, it happened by itself, no other robots went out-of-control either.
- Uran is named "Zoran", and although she appears in the game, Astro's parents, Cobalt, and Chiitan do not.
- Pook has the appearance, and later true identity, of Pick, the heart of Garon. He transforms by disappearing and reappearing in a flash of light. One of his transformations is Kimba the White Lion, whose role is taken from the Undersea Super Train: Marine Express movie.
- The plots with the Artificial Sun and Pook stealing were happening at the same time. The original manga, these were two separate chapters.
- Instead of Kinsankaku, Skunk used Pook to steal similar to how he used Denkou. Due to really being Pick, Pook's father is absent from the game.
- Sherlock Holmespun from the The Artificial Sun is merged with Rainbow Parakeet, whose last name is spelt as "Homespun".
- Rag is redesigned to resemble Rock.
- The Karabusu from The 100 Million Year Old Crime is renamed the "Carabs". Although it stills functions as a tank and looks like a dung beetle, its transforming ability is omitted and turning it into a bomb was made for this game. Parma, her father, and the five boys present in the story are absent.
- Lord Deadcross, Rock, and the leader of Black Looks are merged into one character.
- Although, several other characters from the Marine Express movie appear in the game, only Astro, Wally and Rock ride on the train and are transported to Mu.
- Sharaku's role in the game is mainly based on his role in the Marine Express movie. However, the design of his third eye as well as the fact that his powers get sealed when its covered up comes from his own series.
- Instead of Pluto in The Greatest Robot in the World, Astro is the one who fights the world's strongest robots.
- The sultan, Dr. Abullah/Goji, Gesicht, Hercules, and Bora are absent.
- Denkou did not take part in that original story. Though the fact he drops bomb belts during his battle and that Skunk is released during Rebirth after Denkou is defeated are homages to Electro, his original story.
- Brontus has the appearance of Montblanc but the attacks of Brando.
- Nuka is made into the Death Mask satellite from the Prime Rose manga, however she is also a humanoid control system for a weapon of mass destruction similar to Bem. She is also similar to Michi from Metropolis.
- Rag becomes the Blue knight. Blue Bon, Tonto, Maria, and Count Burg are absent. Although Burg is mentioned in the character profiles, his named is misspelt as "Bulg".
- It is revealed that Dr. Tenma left Astro so he could grow stronger. In the original manga, as well as several adaptations, he sold him to a circus because he couldn't grow.
- Astro flying himself into the sun is similar to what happened in The Greatest Adventure on Earth. However, he did it alone that time, and it was locust aliens that saved him instead of the Phoenix.
- The game was originally called "Astro Boy Tetsuwan Atom: Heart no Himitsu" (Astro Boy Tetsuwan Atom: The Heart's Secret).
- The Western title is misleading, since Omega Factor is actually a hazardous device which gives an evil mind to a robot or even deprive it from its mind.
- Kokoro was renamed to Omega Factor, despite the fact Omega Factor is the opposite in the series actual canon.
- Jetter Mars, Fumoon, Magma, Hecate, Abercrombie appear in the game. Abercrombie is automatically entered into the Omega Factor in and Rebirth he is required to be talked again to find Duke Red and fight Blue Knight. Magma is required in order to complete what happens on Fire Vase Island. The rest are really optional but Hecate foreshadows Prime Rose and Daichi's relationship.