|The following is a disambiguation page.
This is a disambiguation page — a list of articles associated with the same title.
The Astro Boy/Tetsuwan Atom franchise originally began as a manga series in 1951. Its original concept was popular enough to become a mainline manga series in 1953. Osamu Tezuka personally drew many Astro Boy mangas over the years, and they continue to be made by new authors and contributors.
- Ambassador Atom - The original 1951 manga that introduced Astro Boy, or Mighty Atom, to the world.
- List of Astro Boy manga chapters
- Shogakukan Second Grader - A short gag manga series based off the 1980 anime series. Some chapters are adapted from actual 1980 series episodes, giving them a much lighter tone.
- Roppu-Kun - The story of another robot boy, Roppu. Unlike Astro, Roppu is an alien toy who was abandoned on Earth. A human boy befriends Roppu, and the two get into numerous misadventures. This series runs concurrently with the original Astro Boy manga series.
- Jetter Mars - Similar to Astro Boy, this series features a robot boy named Jetter Mars living in a futuristic world. This manga is an adaptation produced after the Jetter Mars anime began airing on television.
- Astro Returns - This short-lived series takes place after the end of the original manga, in which Astro is recovered from deep space and rebuilt. This series takes place even further into the future.
- Astro II - A short gag manga that also takes place after the end of the original manga. Astro is rebuilt, but his replacement is a lecherous layabout who gets into trouble.
- Atom Cat - The adventures of a bionic robot cat, Atom Cat, and his owner Tsugio. This series takes place outside the Astro Boy canon, and Astro Boy is merely a work of fiction that Tsugio reads regularly.
Manga by other creators
- Astro Boy (Akira Himekawa series) - A manga based on the 2003 anime series. This adaptation contains all the same characters as the anime, albeit with
- Pluto - A realistic re-imagining of the Astro Boy manga arc, "The Greatest Robots in the World", written and illustrated by Naoki Urasawa.
- Atom the Beginning - A prequel set approximately 40 years before the regular Astro Boy timeline. This series focuses on Dr. Tenma and Professor Ochanomizu during their time in university together.